Pottery Jungle

>> Monday, November 30, 2009

We went to the Pottery Jungle today. It really was a pottery jungle..very literally. It was in the jungle part of Singapore and with all of the pots and statues that were ceramic, it looked just like it's name..lol It was very beautiful, overwhelming and eyebrow raising at the same time.

There were a lot of beautiful, tropical flowers there.



I had fun playing with water drops on some plants. I was amazed that this little drop was still on the leaf!


There were a ton of interesting figurines and statues. I wished I had more room to bring stuff home..there were a few things I think would have been neat to have.


I didn't want to take this home, but I thought she sure was pretty.


I really did love these elephants..and they were fairly cheap too (S$25 for the bigger ones)


Everything you saw was for sale...even random statues in the middle of nowhere!


This is the bottom of their kiln. They didn't make everything that I saw there but they made quite a bit there...they also do classes and the like.



The side of the kiln.


I loved these jade dragons.







They had about 10 of these there...I think it would have been neat to take a pottery class here.

















Raelee met a turtle friend (a real one..lol)


Some things were very very forgotten. I suspect that many of the things we saw had been sitting there in the elements for a few decades.


Plate anyone??



Off to Orchard Road for fishy pedicures!  That should be fun!

5 comments:

Leone Fabre,  November 30, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

great photos of a great place .....

enjoy seeing it thru 'your eyes'.!!

Elizabeth,  November 30, 2009 at 9:22 PM  

That is awesome, Steph. Loved seeing your take on it! Love you all!

applesofgold,  November 30, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Love these pictures! R looks like she is having a blast and learning a ton at the same time. I'm loving those blue and white vases, very very pretty!

ARe you really getting a fishy pedicure? like the kind you dip your feet in the water and the fish eat all the dead skin off your toes? I have heard of it, seen it on tv, but you'd be my first friend brave enough to try it!

Anonymous,  November 30, 2009 at 11:41 PM  

Great pictures

surprisetriplets,  December 1, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

I love that blue bag that Raelee carries around. She looks like she's having lots of fun! The pictures are wonderful. I can't even begin to imagine how many pictures you're taking over there. I took 600 pics on just one little hike the other day. You're going to have several weeks worth of experiences in your pics. It will be interesting to find out how many pics you take while you're in Sing.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP