Noodle school
>> Friday, November 6, 2009
Raelee wanted to make friendship necklaces for her friends today. You see, yesterday, her good friend Miss Seven gave her a noodle necklace. It was very cute. I'm glad I got to see it before Raelee ATE the necklace! LOL Good thing Gypsy mom is all crunchy and stuff cause the paint was non-toxic. WHEW.
So today, Raelee had it in her head that she was going to make Miss Seven and The Apples friendship necklaces. Good idea!
We decided on how many necklaces we were going to make and took out the amount of noodles that is divisible by that number (in this case it was 4 necklaces so we took out 40 noodles). Raelee got to divide them all up (division), skip count to make sure we had enough, add them up to see if we had enough, and then multiply to again, make sure we had enough (we had enough..rofl) We also talked about halves. If we have 10 noodles for a necklace and you want half of them to be pink and the other half to be green, how many will be pink and how many will be green.
We took out our watercolor paint and mixed it all up (lesson on color combinations) and soaked our noodles to color them.
While they were soaking, we took out our watercolor paper and painted pretty pictures. I'm not sure I like watercolor painting...you don't have much control over the end product. I'm not sure I like painting at all...what am I talking about? LOL
After exactly 10 minutes (thanks for that number Miss 7!), we took our noodles out and let them dry. We then tried string noodles on them. We also learned that a big piece of yarn won't go into a little bitty noodle hole. We have to go to the store to buy new noodles...so our friends will have to wait.
Thanks for the idea Gypsy Mama!
Turns out no matter how much red paint you have...if it's icky cheap water colors, it won't mix in. So use your imagination....the yellow is red..rofl I must buy some of the fancy non-toxic kind at some point.
.jpg)
Raelee woke up and got dressed herself this morning. I giggle at some of her combo's sometimes. This is the kimono that Granny and Papa got her from Singapore (we'll be there in a week and a half!!!!) They also got her this red polka dot dress..lol Lovely Raelee..I just love your outfit!!
Last but not least, we are studying indians this week. Next week will be Pilgrims..see where it's going? LOL We had gotten her a little indian doll earlier this year from Oklahoma. She wanted it down off of her shelf. She has been playing with her and wanted to sleep with her last night. I had to get a pic...just too cute. Yes, Grandma, she still sleeps in this nightgown. Try as I might, I can't get it picked up high enough so that she doesn't get it down to wear it. Eh...it's ok..she's not uncomfortable in it so I just gave up and let her wear it..lol

1 comments:
She is such a doll baby. I can't wait to see her. Maybe she can pick out her next Komono? Shoes? Hmmm what else will she find?
Great pictures. I love watching your happenings on your blog. Keep them coming.
Post a Comment