China Town-Raelee's choice for the day

>> Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Raelee informed us that we are going to Chinatown today because "My granny promised me." Ok, we had no other plan for the day so off to China Town we went! Fun!  What a neat place it was! The people were very friendly and there were hundreds of stands/shops to browse in. Raelee was very excited to be shopping for her friends.  We had to hold her off on a lot of things because we want to find the things that fit our friends the best...not just the very first one we come across.  We did let her pick up a few things here and there though. It was fun watching her with her purse and pulling money out. Most things were "3 fo ten dolla" or "5 fo ten dolla." You can get a lot of stuff for $10 Sing here.

Here is some stuff I found that I thought was neat.

A wine bottle cover. Cute huh?


And Raelee spied the shoes of course..lol


I think I might pick me up a few of these. I LOVE the scrolls!


Saw some beautiful iron work.


This nice lady was showing Raelee the magnetic balls you throw up in the air and they join up and make a beautiful sound. I tried telling her we had some that Grandma gave us, but she bought them anyway.



Raelee saw these little trinket boxes from clear across the street. She fell in love with them and they were just "5 fo ten dolla." Raelee's friends can expect to be seeing these again ;)


The nice lady was helping Raelee pick them out.


There are Buddha statue's everywhere in China town.


I thought of you Stephinie with this next picture :)


This shop had the funniest mannequins!

This is what the streets looked like...very crowded and compact. I didn't mind though, it was neat.



I love the lanterns!


Anybody want some Green Apple juice? (look close at the picture)


These are amazing. There are very intricate pictures painted inside glass balls. They are pretty expensive...but I think I'll anti-up and get one at some point. They are just beautiful.


Dragon Puppet anyone?


We stopped for a much needed cool Lime Juice. It was SO yummy!


This is about when Raelee's tired hit. We still had more to do before we went home though! We shouldn't have sat down! LOL


This is the entrance to the Chinatown Complex. Why did I take a picture of it you ask? Quite honestly, I don't know. There were about 6 or 7 other people beside me taking a picture of it. I figured if it was that important for everybody to take a picture of it, I had better also..lol


My mom read that I needed tea. She took me to a tea shop. mmmmmm The whole experience was worth the VERY expensive tea she bought me!


The owner (?) let us sample some. He had a whole process he used to make it and serve it. It was all very interesting to watch.


I think a little tea pot and cups are in my very near future.


We ate lunch here too. Not this...rofl


MUCH better!  Raelee ate 3 bowls! We also had some Iced Jasmine tea. Steph (my friend Steph..lol), it turns out that I was making that tea too strong...because this tea was just SO yummy!  I'll have to try again when I get home.


This is my favorite photo of the day...my little girl hailing her first cab. I LOVE the look on her face!


We came home and Raelee and I "took a nap" for 4 hours...lol Mom had to wake us up so we could go eat and grocery shop. We were supposed to cook here but we slept too long. We walked to the restaurant and then to the grocery store in the mall. It was a nice way to end the day.

Ta Ta for now! I have no idea what tomorrow has in store, but it's guaranteed to be an adventure!

Check out my mom's blog for more pictures of Chinatown!

5 comments:

Noelle Reese,  November 18, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

Now this is what I am talking about! I almost feel like I was there! YIPPEE!!! Rest up and post again! :-)

Jason Karas,  November 18, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

Amazing! This is SO cool to watch from Michigan! Wow!
- Claire

Leone Fabre,  November 18, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

It's great to see this thru someone else's eyes.... I think I need go re visit Chinatown. :-)

Your post refreshes what we see so often.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown,  November 19, 2009 at 2:11 PM  

I am so jealous! I am glad you made it safely.

Gypsymama,  November 22, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

fabric **drool** Sophie would like to let Raelee know that there is nothing fun when she is gone....... she misses her friend!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP