Once in a lifetime
>> Wednesday, November 25, 2009
It was at this point in our trip that I stopped to think what a once in a lifetime oppurtunity I am giving my daughter. I hope that she will always remember it and keep it in mind in her day to day life. I know I will. How many children get to:
- Earn the money (with her friends) to buy toys for under-privalaged children
- Buy the toys at the store (with her friends)
- Hand deliver the toys to a tiny village several thousand miles away and make forever friends when she can't even speak their language and they cannot speak hers.
I know that she will always remember this day. I know she is still processing this day and will be for a very very long time.
She was introduced in a way that a princess would be. The man told the children all about how the toys came about. I know he also talked about her blond hair. The children had never seen a girl with blond hair and blue eyes. She is quite the oddity there in that village!!
.jpg)
Introductions were made
Gifts handed out
.jpg)
The boys got "grabby" (Raelee's words..lol)
The girls..not so much.
Balloons were quite popular.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Games were played
.jpg)
A little girl learned how to jump rope...can you see how proud she is?
Hearts melted
.jpg)
.jpg)
Friends were made...forever in our hearts.
My mom has more pictures on her blog:
I have all of my pictures in a flickr gallery with more information:
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

3 comments:
She will remember Steph. No way will she ever forget!
LN
Such cute kids!
What an interesting visit.
Puts things in perspective and makes us realize how lucky we are.
Troy
STeph,
She will not forget and this will be the single most important thing in her life for a long, long time. Her pride in herself for what she gave those kids, and I do not just mena the toys, will last a lifetime and I am betting you will be helping with a LOT more lemonade stands in the future! Love you all!
Post a Comment