Singapore flyer

>> Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We went to the Singapore flyer  today to see Singapore from the tallest ferris wheel in the world. It was pretty neat and I enjoyed it more than I expected to quite honestly. It was pretty neat seeing everything from way up high. It's a much different perspective for sure.


When we got the tickets bought, the lady gave Raelee a duck noise maker....and we do so love the lady that gave it to her...really...we do.



View of the workings in the middle of the flyer.





You can see mom and dad's condo at about 3/4 the way into the picture . It is dead center (up and down).




View of the 'car' that was just 'in front' of ours.

I love this stadium in the middle of the water. What a neat idea!

These are the durian buildings. This is where they have plays and opera's and such.

Clark Quay from up high. We are going here in a few days.

Raelee has been in a mood the last few days. She's very homesick. It makes me sad :(  She's very whiny and not real easy to please right now.  I couldn't get a decent picture of her in the flyer...but that's ok. This is as good as it gets.  She was very hungry (she couldn't have been TOO hungry..she had just eaten breakfast)...I think the thought that she COULDN'T eat for a whole 30 minutes was the problem..not that she was actually hungry.

See all the taxi's (the blue and yellow car?)

We aren't sure what this is in the water. I'm posting this here thinking maybe somebody from Singapore might be able to tell me what it is.

We ate at Popeye's. See the orange panel? It's for Louisiana travelers (it even says so!)  No, I didn't order the calamari..rofl



Raelee has been wanting to ride these things. It's much more work than it looks like. She got over it pretty quick..rofl

This is some kind of baby swimming thing they do here. They put the tiny baby in a donut dealy right under their head and put them in  a deep tub and they swim. Look up "hwa xia" on youtube. There are a few video's on there. they won't let you take pictures of the babies in the tubs but they had stuff on the windows...so I took pictures of those. Look it up..it's wild.




Like I said..there are plenty of ways Raelee can get wet in Singapore...even on the roof of a mall..lol



She found friends to play with on this spinny thingy. SHe loved this and had a blast playing until I made her get off because it was HOT up there.

 You can visit a lot of malls here in Singapore and never leave the building...just the shops/floors/smells change. In this instance, we went from Vivo City (touristy, expensive, smelled nice, cool, clean, etc) to Harbor front (not as expensive (i.e. cheap), didn't smell as nice, was warmer and the floors weren't glittery and shiny..rofl.) I had to take a picture of the difference in floors from one mall to the other. It's remarkable..the fact that they can change things just.like.that.

We came home and decorated the Christmas tree. Raelee was thrilled with doing this today.


We put some of the cinnamon pulp ornaments on the tree.

She DID get in a better mood later in the day :)


She happily put one of the ornaments she decorated on the tree :)

8 comments:

surprisetriplets,  December 1, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

I love the pictures from the Singapore Flyer. I think we'd get arrested if we threw our babies in the swimming pool with a ring around their neck. Some of the babies look terrified! Tell Raelee that we said hi and that she needs to call me when she gets home to tell us all about Singapore!

surprisetriplets,  December 1, 2009 at 9:53 AM  

The apartment sure looked bigger when there was no tree and not much furniture! Have a great night:)

Noelle Reese,  December 1, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

LOL I have always said hungry kids are grumpy kids there is just no getting 'round it LOL
Looks like another fantastic day!
LN

cajunsis,  December 1, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

I am sorry I didn't get a picture of you. I really feel bad about that. I loved decorating the apartment - at least if feels a bit like Christmas now. And I think you are right - the IDEA that pR could not eat was worse than anything... lol... she has a couple of hollow legs.

applesofgold,  December 1, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

What a terrific and BUSY day! The girls want a "Raelee Ornament" for our tree...I will print a picture, and let them go to town making an ornament with it.

applesofgold,  December 1, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

Oh, and on a side note....you wouldn't catch me dead putting that ring around E's neck and sticking her in a pool. She'd hate me for the rest of her life!

Leone Fabre,  December 2, 2009 at 8:26 AM  

That was one busy day ...... I have not been on the flyer yet ...:-)

The Christmas Decorations look fabulous.

Elizabeth,  December 3, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

Looks like a lot of fun, Steph. Sorry pR slept on a pea last night. LOL Love the tree and cannot wait for the next episode of life in Sing for you all. I like readin yours and your mom's versions together. Love you all!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP