Birds*Birds*Birds!!! (and snakes, and butterflies, and other fun stuff!)
>> Sunday, November 22, 2009
We went to Sentosa Island (more on that later) and they had a Bird/Butterfly park while there. It was probably one of the highlights of the day. It wasn't crowded at all and we got to take our time with the insects/birds. We all know that Raelee likes creepy crawly things so this was right up her ally.
She wasn't too keen with birds landing on her though, so mom and I took turns holding the nectar. We both enjoyed it and Mom got good luck for the rest of her life even!
Raelee DID, however, love the butterflies and other creepy crawlies!
This gal was very sad. She lived with an older couple (illegally) and as she grew, they didn't increase her cage size...so she got all bent up :( She can barely move around. This is her permanent shape.
She even became a snake handler! It took her a while to warm up but eventually, she had quite the crowd sitting there watching her hold his python!
I'll probably blog more tonight about Sentosa Island, but I wanted to throw these up here right quick while I had time.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

2 comments:
OH MY GAWD!! STEPH! We do not allow our children to hold snakes you silly! LOL Ewwwwwwww MY girls are not allowed to do this and if they do, I don't want to know LMAO I had to scrap M holding a taranchula and I could hardly do it LOL
I feel so sorry for that Iguana. That is so sad I could seriously cry. What the hell is the matter with people?
That black butterfly was absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad to finally see some pictures of miss ex-pat photog in some of them for a change!
The S.F. zoo has a lorakeet aviary where you go inside and feed them fruits and nectars then they climb all over you and sit on your head, they're such sweet birds and so colorful.
Snakes are snuggly, soft and give lickies. Go Raelee!!!
Post a Comment