Monkey's Monkey's Everywhere!

>> Friday, November 27, 2009

We went to a nature preserve today...these monkey's are in the wild but they are protected. It was neat seeing them so close to us, the apartments behind them, and crawling all over the parked cars.  I did not use a zoom lens on these...much the opposite...I had to back up to take a lot of the pictures. These monkey's were not scared of us at all...they were curious about the camera's and the kid.  You couldn't feed them because they would start being aggressive if you did.  The best part about watching them was the babies. They were quite rambunctious and never stopped moving (unless they were nursing...lol)  They play fought with each other...pulled each other's tails, poked each other in the head, and were just generally naughty toward each other. The mom's fussed them...not just THEIR babies, but the other babies as well.  It was very very cute and interesting to watch. They reminded me much of a couple of kiddo's I'm around a lot at home ;)  I had a good time watching them. I don't think Raelee was too impressed though I'm not sure why. It was high on her list of things too do originally....but went to the bottom after we got here.  It was still high on MY list though so we went :)  Thank you mom and dad for bringing us here!














Another one for my nursing/former nursing friends out there.











How many monkey's do you see?










This would be why you don't feed the monkey's.  This one was yawning...but look at those teeth!


See the one on the bottom railing? It had JUST been swinging on that mommy's tail. I took a pic but it came out much too blurry.





This monkey was in my face...I had to back up so the camera could focus on it...I was THAT close to it.


I wouldn't want to park my car here...the little guys were crawling all over the cars and chewing on antennae's and windshield wiper blades and the like.







This one was funny...he looked like a human just kicked back and enjoying a snack (a crumpled up soda can..lol)




This was a BRAND NEW baby...she was very protective of it.






This little guy was playing on the chain.


This is a terrible terrible picture...but I had to show it. Look at their feet..there is a monkey close enough to touch. Mom didn't even know it was there!

7 comments:

surprisetriplets,  November 27, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

I can't actually see the pictures because I'm at Dad's house in the middle of nowhere. I'm really looking forward to seeing the monkeys, but I can see where a little kid might be overwhelmed with so many of them.

Have a great weekend:)

Rycon Payne,  November 27, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

I've always wanted to be somewhere with monkeys just hanging out all around. Seems like it'd be such a surreal experience, and I'm glad you and Raelee got to live it for yourselves. This trip is probably a fantastic one. :D

Noelle Reese,  November 28, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

WOW I can't get over it! I would love to be in your shoes! I love the nursing one LMAO I have told Carlee on several occasions Hey! You can't take it with you let go! LMAO I'm sorta glad we aren't monkey's LOL
LN

Alex,  November 29, 2009 at 6:59 PM  

There is close bond between those monkeys that emanates from the pictures. I wish all human parents were as great with their kids as these monkeys. Plus they all look so chilled out and comfy. Looks like a really neat day :) Think you can stuff one in your luggage and have it "oops" make its way back here? :D

From all the pictures you and your mom are taking from Singapore and the surrounding areas, you guys should make some blank cards on Etsy or something.

Elizabeth,  November 30, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

That's because your mom is so used to all you monkeys. Lol. They were so cute Steph. How are you guys feeling? Looks like a lot of walking. Can't wait to see you guys again.
Uncle Danny

danielnimrod,  November 30, 2009 at 8:31 AM  

JEREMY,
You are surrounded by monkeys. Or is it I am surrounded by them and therefore you and I are the only normal people on the planet. WHERE is my straight jacket, I was promised one for this tour? Stewarddddd?

danielnimrod,  November 30, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Really, Its a great blog and can't wait to start typing right so that every other word is not a typo. Coffee helps some but that damn dude with the donkey has not gotten here yet. Juan what's his name?
Anywho, love you
Uncle Danny

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP