Malaysia....crazy stuff!
>> Sunday, December 13, 2009
We went over to Malaysia yesterday and it was quite the experience. I can say I don't care to return...unless it's for much different reasons. It was a bit scary for us..especially for me when I realized what kind of anomaly she is in Singapore..which is relatively safe. Malaysia isn't safe...by any stretch of the imagination. Read between those lines...lets just say that there was only one time she wasn't in one of our hands the whole time she was in there...and that was to take a picture with the guy that made her keychain.
Ride over there took FOREVER. It was gridlocked for about an hour. Raelee was in a pretty good mood the whole time thankfully.
Traffic.not.moving.at.all
Just in case you need to pray while you are on the pot (read the sign)
I wondered how many more types of roofing materials were on this roof.
We found this man that made name keychains. He cut colored plexi-glass with a handsaw in intricate designs. It was pretty neat to watch them.
We stood on an overpass for a while and watched the traffic. It was SO eye opening to watch. I am VERY glad I wasn't in a car down there. It was like watching a real life version of Frogger. Taxi's were stopped, buses pulling in and out, motorcycles cutting down the middle, people walking in and out of the traffic. It was UNREAL. Pictures will NOT do it justice, I assure.
The cars are all moving in these pictures...moving FAST at that...except for the stopped taxi's and buses that are blocking the way making the other cars to weave around them.See the motorbike? It had INCHES of clearance around it...then that black car weaved toward it. No, it didn't get hit.
See the bikes down the center? All of those cars wove in toward them..remember..everybody is moving very quickly. See that one bike sideways? It was working it's way in front of that red taxi. Look at the next couple of pictures after that.
NOBODY got hit...amazingly enough. There were a LOT of near misses though.
Like I said, it looked like a game of frogger that was much more dangerous.Papa kept Raelee entertained on the bus trip back. Apparently Papa LOVES Raelee's Nintendo DS..rofl



















1 comments:
another good posting of yours ......
but if you ever want to see TRAFFIC, take a visit to Saigon!!!
Check my flickr site for some images, one of them will freak you out:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leonefabre/2275891283/
Post a Comment