Little India
>> Saturday, December 5, 2009
We went to Little India on Friday. It is not a place I want to return. It was crowded...like WAY over crowded. The people pushed you around and had NO problem separating a 6 year old her from her family. It was dirty. It was stinky. I found no reason to spend much time there. HOWEVER. I did love seeing the very elaborate garmets that the women wore. SO beautiful! The ladies that we DID have 1 on 1 contact with were super nice. Too bad they are treated like 3rd class citizens :(
We went to Mustafa's. It is like a HUGE (I think we counted 7 stories of super walmart sized floors), dirty, crowded and just miserable. We got out as soon as we could...but it took us a while to find the exit once we realized we were not having fun there. Again...it was WAY to easy to
have lost Raelee there. People in Little India just didn't care. Really.
In our quest to find the exit, I did find some mouth freshener. Strangest mouth freshener I have ever seen. Too bad the didn't rub it on their arm pits.
I took this picture so you could see how disorderly everything was here. This was NEAT in comparison to much of what we saw.
On one of the 'balcony's' looking down.
When we left, we started walking down streets. We found some people transporting coconuts. It was neat to watch.
We found a beautiful temple.
This man was stringing flowers. It was pretty neat to watch. Raelee sat there and watched for a few minutes. True to form....He gave Raelee a flower. She has gotten so much handed to her here it's unreal!
Here is the man taking a picture with Raelee.
I love the way the fabric was displayed here!
This man was making shoes. Mom said you don't see it much here. So I took pictures.
We bought an indian outfit from a store in the market. It is BEAUTIFUL. The man that sold it to her gave her a sticker for her head. Yes, she carried Ruthie like this for 2 days straight. You should have seen all of the people looking at her and smiling and pointing and commenting. It was sweet. I think she enjoyed the attention.
All of the streets were busy just like this.
We went to a mall because my mom needed name tags. She was hoping that she would find a stationary store here. We walked around all of these floors. Nope. No stationary store!
We went up and down all of these escalators. No name tags.
In our search for name tags, we came across this man praying to a statue before he went in to eat (I think.)
All of the floors looked like this:
The next picture down....was the sign that was below the grocery store. MORE shops in the basement! We never did find those name tags. Mom had to bring us home and go out again to the mall that she knew had name tags.
To the taxi que we go! Raelee has gotten good at spotting these 'que's'.
Taxi ride home. She's relieved it's all over..just like the rest of us!























1 comments:
Is it just me, or does the Mouth Freshener look oddly like something what we would put in Sally's food dish?
Post a Comment