Temple in China Town

>> Tuesday, December 8, 2009

There is a big temple in China Town. It is absolutely beautiful. We had tried to go in it once but I didn't have sleeves on so I was going to have to wear a scarf on my shoulders to go in. Not a big deal on most days, but on this particular day, I had a painful sunburn on my shoulder and the scarf stank...lol Soooooo...we went back.










This is a 'working' temple. There were people coming in it left and right to pray. We even caught the very very tail end of a ceremony. I wished I had been able to see it. I think it would have been neat.

I did feel weird though because their church was a tourist destination. All of these ladies (I never saw a man in there praying) bending over and standing up had people watching them and taking pictures.

They had over 10,000 of these statues. Not sure what they are called but they have significant religious meaning. There were a lot of people praying in front of them.



 





 

This lady kneeled and stood up about 8 times. And yes, she had trouble walking after she got done.





 





 

 

Did you know that buddah's belly is big because it holds everybody's problems in it? I didn't know that...
 

We walked around China Town a bit and saw some pretty sights.



This is an old building that used to house the rickshaws back in the day. It's where the tea house is that we went to that first day.
 

1 comments:

Noelle Reese,  December 8, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

Hmmm I wonder if that's why my belly is so big?? :-)
Great pictures! I love seeing all of them!
LN

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP