State study

>> Wednesday, November 5, 2008



We are in a postcard exhange on the WTM message board. I decided to take the postcards we get and make it into a simple state study. We find the state on the map. Talk about it's distance from our state, or places we have been. We talk about the state flower and bird and look them up in Raelee's Animal book. Raelee absolutely LOVES that book. She reads it every day and we talk about the animals, plants, bugs and sea shells she finds in it. She looks at pictures in Readers Digest "America Land of Beauty and Speldor". She colors a page of the state and writes the information in the picture. She cuts and pastes the state flower, bird and flag on the page. On the facing page, we put the postcard (front and copy of the back) on it.

She seems to enjoy it. I am hoping that the copying will help to improve her handwriting..which we are struggling with right now.

2 comments:

cajunsis,  November 5, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

I love that idea - and glad she loves her book as much as granny loves hers.

I will send a Singapore post card.

Wow... lol...

Hug her for me - she is doing great. Both our girls are :-)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP