Making applesauce
>> Wednesday, November 12, 2008
A few months ago, we made applesauce in our co-op class. I would have never thought to do something like that on my own...applesauce comes in a jar doesn't it? Raelee didn't like the stuff in the jar...what makes me think she would like this? Well, she ate it up..ate everything we had made in a matter of days (and it was a LOT). SOOOO....I had to make more...all by myself. Well not technically. Raelee helped me. Her favorite part is peeling/coring the apples. She did all 5 lbs worth..all by herself. She didn't even need me to remove the apples or put another on. She is so cute.
I might add that her Aunt Cheyenne and Uncle Jeremy got her this dress, and many more, from Hawaii. She LOVES it. It was 60 degrees here today, yet she was wearing her dress..LOL I'll take pictures of her in the others and post them here.
We were watching John and Kate plus 8 today together..they were filming in Hawaii. She LOVED how much fun it looked. Swimming with the sea turtles..the waterslides..the beaches...the waterslides...the hula dances...the waterslides. ROFL She wants to go to Hawaii now. I then explained to her where her dresses came from. She thought that was SO cool. So now she really understands where the dresses came from.
Ok, back to the apples. Here are the pictures. I'm not Pioneer Woman or anything, but I thought I would humor you.






4 comments:
We used to make apple butter together. You used to eat every bit of it that I let you see. Dad loved it too, so I had to hide it for him to get any. I used apple peels and all in it - they cook down. I wonder if he remembers that?
Mr and Messy Pields loved it, too, and you were always proud to bring them refills.
Nate made applesauce with the Cub Scouts and he LOVED it! We didn't actually peel the apples though. We cored them, then cooked them for about 15 minutes, then put them in a ricer and the boys pounded the heck out of them. At the end we added only a little cinnamon and it came out perfect. Go to www.mukilteocubscouts.shutterfly.com if you want to see pics.
We love your blog. Even the kids are enjoying reading about your daily adventures. I think they finally believe that it's not "Baby" Raelee anymore!
Oops, we also cut the apples up into big chunks before we cooked them. It was so easy! Have a great day!
I'll bet it is very good!
You two will have to make some for Papa!
And of course I remember Steph & Mommy making apple butter & it was very good!
Post a Comment