The Mitten-Litterature activity

>> Thursday, January 22, 2009

I read a recommendation somewhere for this book and adding this activity to it. I decided to do it to kill an hour before bed. It was so much fun!!! Raelee got to sew a mitten together (felt) with a real needle and some yarn. We got to talk about how the felt was recycled plastic bottles and what that meant, geography (the book is a Ukrainian folk tale), art (the pictures in the book were fantastic), prediction (what animal will crawl in next?), and other things.
This is where I pulled the activity from:
The Mitten



Her supper happy face. She was excited that she got to sew!
She laughed so hard when that bear wanted to climb into the mitten along with the other animals.



Silly face..LOL

Howling like a wolf!
See my mitten?
The rabbit climbed in the mitten.
Here is the Ukraine


And here is where Granny lives. (Yes Granny, I know she needs a manicure..LOL)These are her favorite pages. See how pretty the art was?





The activity was based on the book by Jan Brett called The Mitten

4 comments:

applesofgold,  January 22, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

Now do you know why I went nuts when I saw a Jan Brett book at the library in the discard pile?

Cute activity!

Anonymous,  January 23, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Isa just did this in school this week... :) fun!!!

Anonymous,  January 24, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

Neat book & project!
I am proud of both of you!

Was She making those faces at me?

Silly Girl!

Guess who.

~*Michelle*~,  January 26, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

We love Jan Brett!!!!!!!

Raelee is such a beauty.....

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP