I've been tagged
>> Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Michelle tagged me to talk about random things...so here we go.
My random topic for today...most of what I write is random..so here is today's.
Orange juice.
I like one particular brand/kind of orange juice. My poison is Tropicana Countrytime OJ with SOME pulp. It has the blue band around it. Easy to find..until about a month ago. I started noticing that it got harder and harder to find. I had to resort to getting other brands...none of them tasted as good as what I did get. Did you know that this ONE kind of OJ makes the BEST mixed drinks? My favorite is OJ and a shot and a half of Malibu Rum. It makes the OJ taste like a tropical paradise. mmmmmmmmmm My mouth is watering right now. I got to liking that particular mixed drink that straight up OJ in the morning didn't taste quite right. Think 8 am is too early to put a shot in your orange juice? Probably so...LOL
So I go to my local store today and I find about 40 different kinds of orange juice..NONE looking anywhere close to familiar. THEY CHANGED THE LABEL on me!!!!! HOW DARE THEY. So I stood there. I am on a time schedule here....I had to shop for $200 worth of groceries in 45 minutes. Ok, you have me...the $200 worth of groceries was only a half a basket. Obama better do a damn good job with this economy. Back on topic....
So what kind of OJ do I get? Let's review...maybe you can help me? Remember...Countrytime with Some pulp.
Pulp free...nope..not it
Grapefruit...guess we can rule this one out?
Pulp free...nope...not this one. Can I mention that this one tastes awful? It does this chemical reaction thing with the malibu rum...can't have that now can we?
Pulp free again...or did I post this one already? They have NO distinguishing features do they? Nothing telling them apart. I guess they are going back to the basics?
Oranges...strawberry..banana...can we say yuck? And there's that pulp free thing again. WTH is the pulp people???????
ORANGE JUICE WITH SOME PULP...THAT'S ALL I WANT DAMMIT
Oh my word....not again..you guessed it...PULP FREE
PULP FREE...Who gives a damn about healthy kids...I want my pulp!
High pulp. Really? I don't want to have to strain the freaking juice through my teeth...this stuff would kill me from blocking my throat with all of the pulp.
I'm sure my blood pressure is going up with all of this pulp free crap..mabye this is their consolation prize? You think?
*sigh*
WTH is antioxidant??? What does that have to do with pulp? Apparently nothing...since it's PULP FREE.
Think this is it? It's the ONLY one labeled SOME PULP. Nowhere on the container does it say Countrytime....nowhere does it have blue. You'de think the marketing people would at least use the same color scheme or name or SOMETHING.
I ended up buying some high dollar Organic crap that had the words SOME PULP on it. And it had blue...so THERE. FTR, I didn't see the SOME PULP one anywhere in the store. They had 400 other kinds of OJ, but not Some pulp. That's NOT counting the other brands they have there. Do we really need 800 choices of OJ?
Oh, and have you looked at the toothpaste isle lately? It's gotten out of hand!
Ok....so it seems the joke is on me. It is HOMESTYLE...with a GREEN band. If I had been looking for the green band, I might have found it..but I doubt it...I didn't see "SOME PULP". Do you see the big L on my forehead?

3 comments:
OK, now THAT was funny...you are a nut!
Thanks for playing along
xox
You could have my problem...
And YES 8am is too early for a shot. Ha!
I am right there with you. SOME pulp is a must for us too. :)
Melissa D.
Post a Comment