One step forward, two steps back, and then two steps forward again
>> Monday, October 13, 2008
Such a rollercoaster this foster thing is! We are doing our training through one division, but are actually going to be certified through another division. The one we are doing our training through said that we do not have to make up classes missed. The social worker will interview us for those classes missed. What a relief! I got to thinking though, that the rules may be different. I called them in our real district and yes, we do have to attend those missed classes :( I have one to attend (wedding in California) and todd has 2. Thankfully, we'll make those up on the same day and only 2 days after we finish our classes. YAY
They are putting us in the 'system' for the home visits next week. It can't happen until after Todd gets back in town from offshore. Now comes the 'fun' part. I have to get that room cleaned out, go to San Francisco for a week, keep getting the room cleaned out while visiting with my mom and dad while they are here, paint the room, get the furniture in it, decorate...all in a very short amount of time. Oh yeah...and my house has to get 'social worker' cleaned. Overwhelmed? Yes, of course. I'm doubting my ability to complete it all now.

2 comments:
Hey, I know you are nervous and uptight, but you are going to do GREAT! I love you!
One thing at a time. Get packed and we will work out the logisics of getting the room done when we get finished with the wedding. You know we an whip through most anything.
Love ya!
Post a Comment