Preparing for Paris
>> Wednesday, May 12, 2010
I had wanted to do a few things with Raelee to prepare her for the trip to Paris. I wanted her to be familiar with artists names and styles, and to recognize famous works of art. I have a few more things I want to do with her...I don't know if I'll get them done though. This week will be my last 'sane' week until the trip. Next week is production (dance) and 2 days later, we are going to Paris. I think I have done a lot with her though and she'll have some working knowledge of what she will see. I hope so anyway!
The things we have done is mostly read read read and paint paint paint paint. Neither one of us are artists, but she is having fun (and learning) so that's all that counts.
This piece of art was done at her little art class that she held. It was a success and she had fun. This is a replica of a Monet painting. (she mostly wanted to just throw paint on a canvas so she could go play..lol)
This one is a still life that she did after studying Renoir. It's a flower in a pretty native american vase.
The next project came from the book:
Gypsymama (click me) let me borrow it from her stash but I bought it right away. There are so many good projects in it that go along with artists and styles. It teaches you about the artist and then has a project that reflects that artist's style. It's not very expensive and I was excited to get it. I just wish I had it sooner!
This project is a piece of muslin soaked in milk and then colored on with artist chalks. You then take an iron (with aluminum foil covering it) to set it. It worked wonderfly for setting the chalk and it turned out very pretty. In contrast, I had raelee try the same thing on a dry piece of muslin and one soaked in water. She decided that the secret ingredient was milk...and to remember that in the future..lol
I still have a TON to do before we leave...not to mention production. I don't know if I'll get it all done and I'm starting to have to prioritize. I need to make a messenger bag for myself, make a skirt and appliqued shirt for Raelee for her Disney surprise on her birthday, go shopping for a few cute shirts for me, shoes for Raelee (who's feet shot up about 2 sizes in a month), and the list goes on. Wish me luck!!!




2 comments:
Well I'll be! I can finally leave a comment! Did you have me blocked? Sheeze!
Great paintings!! WTG Raelee!!
I am totally envious! I would have loved being there for some of those artist paintings - and you are going to Paris! Teach her about the Eiffel Tower too!
Post a Comment