Louvre Part 2

>> Saturday, May 29, 2010

I didn't expect anything in the Louvre would be an emotional experience for me..turns out it was. I actually teared up a few times. I was looking at paintings that I have only ever seen reproductions of. Many of them were religious paints that I have seen only posters of...probably in the church or something like that.  It was really neat to see the real live panting that is several hundred years old. Every new room had such extravagant ceilings and fixtures...I didn't know where to look when I entered a new room...up, around or at the exhibits. What an experience. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.





3 comments:

cajunsis,  May 29, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

I LOVE the pictures. The last one is like my favorite picture in the world - The Wedding at Cana, I believe. It is Jesus last supper with many bible characters with him. Also, the Mona Lisa is super small isn't it? And the Wedding one, is super tall, right? Oh my gosh, I wish I had the opportunity you are having. How darned AMAZING.

Anonymous,  May 29, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

Awesome pics, Steph! Looking forward to seeing more!!

Melissa D.

Jamie Heyl,  May 29, 2010 at 11:43 PM  

Is the Mona Lisa an 8x10?? LOL

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP