Modern Art Museum

>> Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We are still suffering from a bit of jet lag.  Raelee got up before 3:30 and entertained herself for a while by making us breakfast (melt my heart!) and doing a few other odds and ends. Grandma and I woke up at 3:30 and were pretty much up for the day. We went to the park for a bit in the morning and then took a nap after lunch...for 3 hours..lol I'm trying to stay up as late as I can so that I can sleep later.

I love that Raelee us breakfast..it was a sweet thought...and the first time she ever did that. I'm just thankful she didn't find flour to make us pancakes like she wanted.
I
We went to a Modern Art exhibit today and it was really neat. I will be looking for them back home now...it was neat to see what some people's idea of art was!

Here are pictures of our day:

When walking on the sidewalk, one must watch out for dog poop....and motorcycles? Who would have thought?


Potty anyone?


Fun at the park. (the french kids wouldn't play with her...it was so odd)


I have NO explanation for this one.

Love the breads displayed at the bakeries.  I bought a baguette later in the day..i'm looking at the price of these and realized I paid 3 times what these here cost. Wow.  It was good though.

These were cute little piggies at the bakery.


There are flower shops like this all over. Very beautiful flowers!!

And now for the Modern Art.  I had a lot of WTF moments...and standing next to Troy (very dry sense of humor) was always funny.

This was the stuff that is on notebook paper when you rip it out of a notebook. They had about 10 of them incased.  Who would have thought?

DVD Drives. Every so often the open ones would close and the closed ones would open. It was cool and a bit fascinating.

Sunburn anybody?

These were Raelee's favorite..for obvious reasons. They were grasshoppers..eating...in a glass case...in an art museum.  Art? You decide. It was fun to look at anyway.

This one was caterpillars...again, in an art museum...eating. 

I did love this picture of them looking at the bugs!

hmmmm....a printer with loads of paper coming out of it. Again..no words.

This guy was made out of water guns, foam insulation, and hot wheel cars.

Orgami anybody?

Yes, this was an exhibit. 

Want a thumb drive?

Not all that sure what this is about.

Miniature suitcases on the floor. Think the size of a tiny matchbox.

This one was neat..and my favorite I think. It is a picture of a house but the people in it are holding up elements of the house...the brick wall, or the door, or the railing. Look at the picture closer...it's neat.

Just in case you didn't know....

My first french purchase all by myself..even used french words and everything. Turns out I way overpaid..rofl

Raelee and her Uncle Troy (This looks like a cute moment but really he was just trying to get her to walk faster)

And this is for all of the Nimrods in my family...roflmao

Ta ta for now!

2 comments:

cajunsis,  May 26, 2010 at 5:57 PM  

Great post! Love what some think is art, but I can see art in most of it amazingly enough. Love the picture of everyone looking up at the critters, and I can pretend Troy and Raelee are reminiscing while walking. Nemrod huh? How funny. What kind of shop was it? Looks like you are having fun :-)

Noelle Reese,  May 26, 2010 at 8:04 PM  

Love the pics! Why is Todd's brother in Paris? I didn't know that is why you were going. Nice 'art', who knew? i have thrown away so many tear off's from a spirol LOL

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP