A cold wet day

>> Friday, May 28, 2010

It was a very very wet, cool day yesterday. We had fun and did some exploring DESPITE the dampness!


I have a LOT of pics to post so I will mostly post those with just a little explanation about them. (because at some point, I need to shower so we can start exploring again!)


This builidng had plants growing in it...as in in the framework. It is supposed to be more eco friendly and more energy efficient. Whatever the reason, it sure made for a pretty building don't you think?

Uncle Troy found a way to get Raelee moving....they jumped puddles together!  It wore them both out AND it got Raelee out of her grumpiess...lol  Uncle Troy's shoes will never look the same way again.

Raelee got a lesson in homelessness.  This person has his own personal gym...and was lucky enough to own a tent.

They weren't all so lucky.  They were even cooking on a fire made in a can.  Truthfully, I have never seen things like this either.

Next few pics are of architecture....it was all so breathtaking.

That last pic was a 5 thousand year old something or other from Egypt that apparently Egypt wants back.
 Most of those pics were taking from under an umbrella with one hand on the camera..impressed? LOL

And what better way to wrap up a cool wet day than to stop at world famous Angelina. Famous for their SUPER thick hot chocolate and decedent deserts.
Proof that I am on the trip....Photo By Raelee

I didn't get a pic of the deserts...they were gobbled up with lightening speed.

And it wouldn't have been a trip to the city without a ride on the subway at rush hour.



1 comments:

cajunsis,  May 28, 2010 at 5:18 AM  

Oh, how I LOVE the pictures! The bridge is beautiful, of course, the Chariot and four horses (by Georges Récipon?) reminds me of one I saw in Bali - do you remember that picture? Raelee with the Singapore umbrella warmed my heart, her eyes melted it, you MUST get more pictures of you! Have Ruth take some - or Troy! Thank you so much for taking the time to put these up. Oh, and isn't architecture amazing?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP