Notre Dame

>> Saturday, May 29, 2010

On a whim today, we visited Notre Dame. I never imagined it would be so ornate.  The smell was even historical. It SMELLED hundreds of years old...and not in a bad way.  The method we had to see it in was a bit...different.  You stood outside for a bit in line...or "on line" as the french say. You are herded in the church like cattle...and you shuffle along and look around you...you really can't stop to admire much. It WAS fantastic though.  I took pictures while shuffling. It was VERY dark and it was difficult to take pictures but here the are anyway.

There were a lot of beggars, gypsies and 'vendors' outside in the court yard. I hope to get pictures of them next time when we go back to view the rear of the church which is even more ornate and beautiful.

1 comments:

Jamie Heyl,  May 29, 2010 at 11:39 PM  

Notre Dame has always been a top "to see" for me ... the Rose window was on the back of my art history book and I had to learn about all of those ornate carvings on the front. So cool to see "real" pics of them!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP