1st day back to school-Success!
>> Monday, January 4, 2010
I was pretty nervous about our first day back...mostly because we have been out for SO long..I guess it was our 'summer' break..lol
We got back in the groove really quickly and had a fabulous day. Raelee told me she wanted to learn about birds...so that's what we are doing. I'm learning a bit also...but isn't that what this is about?
I did a fun project right in the begining of school. I usually save them to do until after all of the 'boring' stuff is done..that way if something came up, we had the 'essentials' out of the way. I didn't always get the project done though...and it turns out the essentials aren't always reading, writing and math. Raelee did really well with an art project first thing in the morning. I don't know how much you can consider egg painting art, but Raelee sure enjoyed it anyway! We thought the tracks the eggs made were pretty neat.
See the accidental dolphin? LOL
This is a book that Raelee read today...it has meaning...the family that this has meaning for will know who they are :)
The title of it really made Raelee giggle...for the above reason.
We did an experiment with a boiled egg and vinegar. Raelee's prediction is that the vinegar will make a baby chick come out. LOL We'll let you know how it turns out tomorrow...we have to let it sit for 24 hours.
Ta ta for now!






3 comments:
Egg painting
That looks so cool, I know my Quince would have a blast. I simply must borrow the idea. ;-)
Tomorrow, have Raelee stick a white egg in a glass of coke for a couple days and predict what happens.
Then have her take a toothbrush and toothpaste and brush the egg. Pretty cool stuff.
Now that dolphin is pretty darned neat considering she did not paint it. If only it coulda been pink...
I will anxiously await that chick to come out. I hope she is right. Looks like you had a lot of fun :-)
Post a Comment