Arctic freeze

>> Sunday, January 10, 2010





It has been very very cold here the last few days. We aren't used to these temps for an extended amount of time here. Maybe one night ever 3 years or so, but certainly not for several nights in a row. It is downright cold. I'll admit that I HATE this kind of cold if it doesn't come with snow. I have pretty much hibernated for the last few days and it's been nice.
Raelee has also enjoyed very late mornings in bed.  I sent the dogs in at 9 am this morning to get her out of bed. I went about my business and came back and saw this...I should have known I couldn't count on him.


I finally got her up and we took a quick winter walk to see what we could find. Anything that held water was frozen through.








 Raelee was still in her pj's looking at the icy stuff.



Still a little bit of frost on the roof.



Icy puddles



She wanted to put this in the freezer to show her daddy  when he got home "Because he has never seen ice like that before!"


Stay warm everybody! We are going to scrapbook today and then take my mom and dad to NOLA this evening so they can catch their pre-dawn flight to the airport tomorrow to go back to Sinapore :(

2 comments:

surprisetriplets,  January 10, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

Not to rub it in or anything, but our temperatures are unseasonably high this week. It's sunny and 50 out today. It's a welcome break from the normal which is what you're having now. Enjoy the cold and we'll enjoy the warmth. It won't stick around for long for either of us.

cajunsis,  January 15, 2010 at 1:07 AM  

Indeed it was frigid cold. I am glad it doesn't get like that often. Southerners could not tolerate it. It was even too cold for me. However, it was better than this freaking heat. Yes, we made it back to the heat. *sigh* I wanna goooo home. Love you and miss you tons!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP