Eventful Day yesterday
>> Friday, September 26, 2008
Made it through the evening last night ok…on the way to drop R off at Vicky’s house, I nearly got run off of the road on purpose and then dealt with the same car trying to cut me off/hit me from Berwick to Patterson. Yes I called the cops but the prick saw me on the phone and turned off..I’m positive he knew I was on the phone with the police. I hate stupid people. What scares me is that he would have hit Raelee’s side of the car if I hadn’t got the car stopped in time.
The adoption/foster class was ok I guess. It was mostly watching a video and talking about the social workers experiences for the first half. The second half was going over the HUGE amount of paperwork that needs to be filled out. I’m suspecting it’ll take hours to do. I have time to do it (needs to be turned in by next Thursday), but Todd will have to do it on no sleep for the next class.) We both have paperwork to fill out. It isn’t just ‘physical’ questions that are asked (Where do you live? Phone number? References?, etc) but stuff like “How were you disciplined as a child? How does that affect the way you discipline now?” and “What would you change about your childhood?” and “Name one traumatic event and how your family handled it.” That kind of stuff is not easy to fill out!!! We also have to draw up a floor plan. Todd will do that for me while he is offshore. We don't need exact dimensions..they just want to know where our exits are for fire safety.
Todd and I have pretty much decided that we are going to foster and eventually adopt. Originally we were just going to adopt but it really looks like that you could be waiting forever if you did it that way. I think we are going to have to open our hearts just a little more and foster as well. I know it'll be very very difficult...but I think we are open to the challenge. Todd has been amazing through this...never missing a beat when I throw something new at him. He is amazing.
The kicker is that I have to have my scrapbook room cleaned out and ready for a kid (s?) by October 31. HOLY COW! Are you kidding me? I have NO place to put that stuff that I use on a daily basis. I don’t know what I’m going to do. Box it up I guess? I can keep a handful of stuff out to use, but I don’t even have a place to store that stuff! I’m literally in panic mode over that.
The room has to be ‘kid friendly’. She said “don’t put dora on the wall” but make it friendly for a kid. Fun part is, what age kid am I getting? Do I put a crib in there? A twin bed? Do I stock up for a baby? How do you decorate for kid friendly and still remain gender neutral in decorating? Thank goodness a friend has the younger baby stuff that I could probably borrow (bouncy seat, swing, etc) if I should get a baby…ACK! I have a lot on my plate right now!!!!
I think we are going to ask for 0-5..boy or girl. Ideally, we would get a 3-4 ish girl...but if this was a perfect world, this wouldn't be necessary would it?

3 comments:
What a lot to process, Steph. I know you all will do wonderfully though. I am keeping you in prayers. Love you.
Just do one thing at a time. You cannot think of all of it or you will get overwhelmed. The scrap stuff? I have an empty room for a long time - put it over there. Not like I am going to be using it.
You have a crib in storage - and decorate with cutesy non gender kid stuff - you will add to it when you get your little darling(s).
Wish I were there, we would whip right through it. I love you and will keep saying tons of prayers for you three.
PS: Dad sent you an autocad of your house :-) Already done. You just need to add the sq footage. Isn't he cool?
Post a Comment