Bedding

>> Sunday, September 28, 2008

So I was vacuuming a few minutes ago and while i have not talked to Todd about it yet, I think I want to just open our home for girls. I just don't feel comfortable bringing a boy into our home not knowing his background and what has happened to him in the past. Not to mention, I can accommodate a girl better..I already have girl toys, and some girl clothes.

The only dilemma is the bed. Should I put a twin (and spend the money on a twin set up) or a crib (already have). Do I buy twin bedding or crib bedding?

If you have any suggestions...I'm all ears!

Also..mom (Since I'm not sure you are getting Im's or email), didn't you have an extra dresser that you had got for the kids and are not using? Do you still have that?

4 comments:

Unknown,  September 28, 2008 at 2:03 PM  

I saw you on for the love of children yahoo group. You know in Oklahoma we just have to have beds on hand. They don't have to be set up. I have two cribs and an extra twin. I don't keep them set up because the kids tend to rotate so often. Although we are on our last child as a foster parent now, but I always had them on hand. I would just make sure they know that this is where they will go and here are the beds. I don't want to set them up because if I need the crib first then that means i have to take one down and put one up, I rather wait until I know what I am getting.

Cajunrose,  September 28, 2008 at 2:23 PM  

Thank you! I don't know what the law is here...but regardless, I have to buy the twin set up even if we don't need it right away...so I don't know if I should just buy it now and just wait or what.

My husband is gone from home every 2 weeks for 2 weeks straight..so that would pose a problem if I were to get a child while he is gone...having to set up a bed and all.

Unknown,  September 29, 2008 at 10:24 AM  

I know here that they can be in a playpen for up to a month. It is considered temporary sleeping. Your states website should have a place that has the fostercare policy online. I would read that and see what it says about temporary sleeping. That way if you want to leave the twin up you can and then when your husband is back home you can have him set the crib up. Here if the infants are under 3 months they can be in a bassinet and in your room. They should give you a copy of the guidelines too. If they don't ask for it. It is public information anyone can have.

cajunsis,  September 29, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

Yes, I still have an extra dresser in your bedroom - I think cleaned out even. I cleaned it out in case Peggy's kids wanted to use it - I don't think they are though. Just ask them first please?

I can't think, too tired

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP