New sewing cabinet

>> Monday, March 22, 2010

My husband rocks!  I know he just wanted the sewing machine off of the table...but seriously...he outdid himself!

Let me introduce you to our  newest piece of furniture...my sewing 'center'

(please excuse the mess in the background)

Here she is all nice and folded up.


Seriously..you can't imagine how much workspace this is until you see it!

Her maiden voyage was sewing a curtain to conceal the machine when it is down. I know the curtain is funky...but I like funky. :)  The large drawer at the bottom will hold my future surger someday :)

The machine can be flush with the table

Or in a more traditional position...all with just pushing the machine down or pulling it up. Very easy to do.

It has lots of storage...more than I'll ever use...hahahaha  Who am I kidding. This baby will be filled up before I know it!
Part of this drawer used to be an drawer for printing die's. If you enlarge the picture, you can see the letters all written out. He just installed it into the drawer. Works perfect for thread and other little stuff.

This side drawer has a tool dealy in it that is perfect of extra pins, safety pins, elastic, etc.


I'll take a picture of me using it soon...when I get my house back in order after rearranging 2 rooms this week. Things are a MESS around here right now!

8 comments:

applesofgold,  March 22, 2010 at 10:01 PM  

Super Todd does it AGAIN! Gorgeous work Todd! Steph, you are one spoiled girl, and totally worth it too!

cajunsis,  March 22, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

I. Am. So. Envious.

Great job, Todd. Please remember this pattern... I love it!

.,  March 23, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

Awesome!!! Todd rocks! Can I borrow him? I can send Jay to your house to cook for a while and Todd can come here and build stuff! lol

~*Michelle*~,  March 23, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

WOW! That looks fantastic! WTG Todd!!!!

Goosegirl,  March 23, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

That is a gorgeous sewing cabinet. The drawers are so perfect and the finish is lovely. And to have it made exactly how you need is wonderful. I sew in the dining room too, because I like to be in the center of the activity in the house. I have a sewing room but it is downstairs away from everyone. Not as fun as in the middle of everything.

Katina128,  March 23, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

That's beautiful!! You're so lucky to have a handy man! I'd love to have one like that. Enjoy!

Noelle Reese,  March 24, 2010 at 11:45 PM  

I just can't get over this. That Todd is simply amazing! Can't you share him for a while? Not a year or anything just like a month or so. I'll feed him well and make him call often! :-) You could even borrow Bryan. He is fantastic! You will love that he hunts and drinks beer. LMAO

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP