Birds, birds, BIRDS!
>> Monday, March 8, 2010
y mom and dad raised us watching birds. I have always enjoyed feeding birds in the backyard and looking at birds that fly by while driving. We often stop on the side of the road to examine a bird more closely. Through me (and Granny), Raelee also loves birds. Her first love is Bald Eagles. She can spot one well before I can. She knows a lot about them also. It's pretty neat. We have a lot of them around our neighborhood right now and we both enjoy watching them.
We have also been invaded with pelicans. I'm not sure why, but they are everywhere right now. Going out to the lake is fun because there are a ton of them out there. We have been visiting often just to watch them fly around.
I'm not sure what this bird is..I have been meaning to look him up. They have them in the tree's out there and they sound like sea lions when they bellow!
The seagulls are always fun to watch.
Raelee wants to know what this guy is. It's not a ladybug. Some kind of beetle I think.
Wanna see what I have sewn lately? Not much, but this carrier is something right? Raelee is excited to have a way to carry her dolls!












2 comments:
I think the bird is a cormorant and your bug is a spotted lady beedle also known as Coleomegilla maculata. Love the bird pictures - they are great photos. I am envious ;-)
Great pics and story, Steph! Love the doll carrier, too!
Post a Comment