Anticipation of things to come

>> Thursday, August 6, 2009

I know I'm splotchy in when I post the pictures from the trip that took place 2 months ago. I'm working on them when I can and enjoying editing each picture and taking time with them. You may still be seeing them a year from now. That's ok :)

In Eastern Washington where John's dad lives, they have hundreds of orchards. The fruit I saw was apples and cherries. Nothing was ripe yet, but it would be very soon. It was neat seeing the almost ready fruit...or the little bitty baby fruit. I could almost taste it's goodness.

Here is a drooping cherry tree. We saw a ton of these. Raelee really really wanted to pick a cherry off of them but she couldn't because they weren't ripe and something to do with being illegal...lol

Did you know that my favorite scent is Lavender? Well now you do. I didn't realize how large the bushes could grow. I don't think I can grow it down here, but you can be sure that I'll try next spring!! It is simply a heavenly scent. This particular plant was at Tom's house. He is missing a few stems from it....sorry Tom!
Don't you just want to pick it? It was teeny tiny though...will be ready this fall.
And I'm sure will get put into these crates that are ready and waiting. They'll be coated with a heavy layer of that waxy junk and mailed fresh to your local grocery store.
Raelee was quite impressed that we drove through clouds in the mountains on our way home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP