Wonderful Granny and Grandma :)

>> Saturday, August 29, 2009

I'm so very luck to be the daughter to a great mother and mother in law. Likewise, Raelee is very lucky to have two very involved Grandma's. I don't think I would be as successful homeschooling if it weren't for them. Even when she is in Singapore, Granny does some wonderful things in the name of homeschooling.

Let me show you the newest creations :)

Grandma (Todd's mom) sends Raelee what we call 'unit studies'. Usually it's about animals...animals Raelee has an interest in. We have done Eagles, Elephants and the newest one is Giraffe's. Raelee is in love with Giraffe's.


She sent a framed picture of them.

An information book that she puts together herself with lots of facts that are written in simple enough sentences that Raelee can understand quite easily.
Handwriting practice and trinkets.
Coloring sheets and artwork.
A puzzle
She also sent some earrings for Raelee that I'm sure I'll have a picture of tomorrow.

Thank you Grandma for sending this for Raelee! We can't wait to get started on our Giraffe unit!

Now for Granny. She's very artistic and can teach Raelee just about anything. I had a lesson coming up that I was dreading. I had to 'build' a city with Raelee, complete with street names, a key, bodies of water, and buildings. I knew I couldn't do it justice. What I did with her wouldn't have been fit for learning for sure..and surely wouldn't be 'cute'. So I asked my mom if she could help Raelee with this project. Help she did...Raelee came home with a wonderful colorful town with funny street names and neat buildings. Some of the names are spelled funny...Raelee did this on purpose b/c this is Wackyville. Things aren't as they seem ;)






The best part of this is that mom had her make it on a science project board. It's foldable and it won't get thrown away as soon as the lesson is over! Raelee is already talking of turning her town into a polly pocket town.

Thank you guys..I couldn't do this without you!

4 comments:

Elizabeth,  August 29, 2009 at 10:26 PM  

How awesome is that? I love Wackyville and the Wacky Wiver! LOL I got to talk to Raelee while she was building her city and she was very excited. Great job, Raelee Paelee!!! Love you...

Nell Learning Adventure,  August 29, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

Wow! I am sooooo jealous! Raelee is indeed lucky to have 2 very creative grandmothers and an awesome homeschooling mom too!

.,  August 30, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

How cool! What a wonderful blessing to have two grandmas who are so involved in homeschooling!

cajunsis,  September 2, 2009 at 9:35 AM  

I love her grandma's precious books - I should be so creative for our guys. I wish I had great ideas like that. Oh well, that is what makes the world twirl - she does the great books and I do the art stuffs. I had a great time.

Pssst! You took a pic of the wrong side of the fire house.

We had a blast with Wackyville - she had some creative names indeed.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP