So this blog is about homeschooling you say?
>> Thursday, July 30, 2009
I forget this blog is named homeschool happenings..I should have named it something else. But I didn't...so let me keep this on topic.
We have had a rough start homeschooling...as excited as I was to start, it was rough going. Lots of stuff to transition from for us (from the dining room to the class room, from little desk to big desk, etc).
Today was a good day for us. As much as I NEED to homeschool in the morning, Raelee just does so much better in the afternoon. *sigh*
Can I tell you how much I love the lighting in my homeschool room? It gives a beautiful natural light in the early afternoon.
I took out a reader for Raelee to read. She whined about how big the book was and that she couldn't read that much. Wrong..she read the whole book! It was 28 pages long. Nevermind that it only had words on one side and only about 5 words per page. She's really doing well with reading lately.
Skittle math...how fun is that? We graphed the colors of skittles. I found the graph activity from Sunflower Schoolhouse
Of course she loved it. Who wouldn't love skittle math?
Her favorite flavor is the green one.
Just because....
Note to self...put the blinds up in the homeschool room so as not to get those weird lines all over her face. Doesn't she look so grown up in this picture?
hmmmmm...what color to eat?
Mom, she is NOT a perfectionist...can you tell?
And this is what happens when you tell her she isn't doing her best coloring work. I wanted her to do her best because it was something (not the above project...for something else) for her portfolio. She was just scribbling. I wasn't being mean, just told her that she wasn't doing her best...and this is what happened.

3 comments:
Oh break my heart baby :-( Granny never liked tears; not on Shari; not on mommy, not on uncle Jeremy, not on Megan... never ever liked big crocodile tears. Crocodile tears gotta go!
Granny is so proud of pR!! She read a GIANT book!
Love this post - except the crocodile tears, but all the pictures are beautiful :-)
I don't know what happened to my original comment, so here goes again:
This cannot be the little six-year-old that came to visit me just a month ago. Raelee looks so grown up in this pictures.
I see big crocodile tears in Nicole's eyes way too much. It really breaks your heart, doesn't it?
Raelee, you're doing so great reading a big huge book! You're growing up way too fast!!! We love you all...
Post a Comment