Little critters

>> Tuesday, July 7, 2009

At the rest stop that had the pretty red rocks, we found these guys. They are ground squirrels. Of course Raelee, who loves all creatures, was in heaven. She played "Santa" and dropped bread in every hole that she found. I'm sure the little guys loved that. It was fun to watch the 'pecking order' of the squirrels. Some were watchmen, some were fetchers, some were just plain cute. They had a call like a bird. I can see how having these guys in your yard would be not so desirable, but they sure were fun at the rest stop!


Raelee met a friend that apparently liked to dress up and didn't mind walking around on squirrel poop.








1 comments:

cajunsis,  July 12, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures of these guys :-) And I love the Santa Claus story. Thanks for sharing - and great pics!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP