Orsay and other things

>> Friday, June 11, 2010

We went to the Orsay museum today. It was great, but I couldn't take pictures. Raelee wasn't as interested as I would have liked her to be, but I brought her during a mealtime, so it was to be expected.  We saw famous works from Monet, Manet, Van Gogh, Sisley, Renoir, Pissarro, Cezanne, Degas, among others.  We got to see the Tiny Dancer by Degas and some of his dancer paintings. It really was wonderful to see the originals from these artists. I'm just disappointed I couldn't take pictures...but it did allow me to focus on the pieces rather than the correct settings for my camera.




On the way there, Raelee found something very familiar to her...only it didn't smell nearly as bad.

The Orsay used to be an old train station. It was a beautiful building!!!!






After our museum trip, I decided to venture out on my own to try to get some more pics of the Alexandre bridge and Eiffel tower.   I was a little scared to walk on the bridge though....see the cops?



They were watching the boats intently.


I did get the shot I was after though...


And some more of the Eiffel Tower!



Proof that I was there..hot and sweaty...but there...LOL


I sort of got lost...but getting lost is fun, because I found this.  This is where Napoleon is buried.
And this pretty church.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP