Fun filled day!

>> Tuesday, June 8, 2010

We went to the science museum today. I was unsure of how it would work out because you had to buy tickets by the time and not just come and go as you wanted. We went at 11:30 and had a 1.5 hour time slot. I thought it was a weird way to do it for sure.  I thought that there was NO way we could do a science museum in 1.5 hours.  Not the ones I have been to anyway.  We saw a million and 10 kids there...got VERY worried. Would we get to do anything?  Turns out the time slot thing is brilliant.  It keeps the amount of kids in the museum at a managable level. There were probably no more than 100 people in the 5-12 year old section. Raelee got to do everything in there and some things twice. It was laid out really well. There wasn't as much to do, but that was fine.


Here is a picture outside of the museum. It's a mirrored ball...isn't it neat?



There was a butterfly exhibit there. You all know that Raelee was right at home.

 She got to rock out!
 

Afterword, we went to this really neat park. It was the most 'physical' park I have ever seen. It was set up in waves..each wave had something to do. It was also in age groups...so all of the 'babies' were contained to one area in their own age appropriate play area. Raelee pretty much had the whole thing to herself...as all of the big kids were in school.  Here she is on the zip line.
See the waves?


She loved the 'trampoline'.

And after THAT...she got to go to a mini carnival thing.  She rode 2 rides and had fun on them :)

Uncle troy joined her on the swings!

We went on a 2.5 hour canal boat tour. They told us some great information about the things we were seeing. We got to go through 10 sets of locks as the canal is 100 feet above the seine. It was neat until about the 3rd locks...then it got monotonous..lol It was actually really very relaxing. I got to read a book on the trip..so that was nice. I could have done without the captain grinding the boat on 2 different occasions...to the point where the boat will have to be pulled and the hull repainted (the captain said so..lol)  We also went through a long tunnel under the city in the pitch black...they turned the boat's lights off...that's when he hit the boat on the side one time...the other time was in the locks. Ugh...not fun..lol

Thought this building was pretty.

I was going to go back to the Alexandre bridge to take more pictures, but there was some kind of demonstration on it....see all of the cop cars?  We decided against it..lol

Thought about buying Raelee a flip flop dress.

Took more pictures of the BACK of the Notre Dame. It is just as pretty as the front.

And the side.






See the gargoyles?


Not sure what we have in store tomorrow....we shall see!

3 comments:

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters,  June 10, 2010 at 8:18 AM  

I've loved reading the posts about your trip and seeing all of your beautiful pictures! My daughter is obsessed with the Eiffel Tower. We planned one of our trips around seeing a replica in TN but she's planning on us going to Paris when she turns 18 and she collects all things "Eiffel Tower". Your pictures actully made me want to go!:)

cajunsis,  June 10, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

Love catching up with you. I am so glad punkin' likes critters like her granny :-) The flip flop dress is crazy! Love the ball at the beginning of the post :-)

cajunsis,  June 10, 2010 at 9:04 PM  

Love catching up with you. I am so glad punkin' likes critters like her granny :-) The flip flop dress is crazy! Love the ball at the beginning of the post :-)

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP