We caught her coming out of her cocoon!!
>> Monday, April 13, 2009
The pictures are out of order and through a plexiglass window (most of them) but you can get the basic idea. I did lift the lid for a few of them but it's hard to take a picture with a heavy camera in one hand and a heavy lid in the other. I was THRILLED to see it come out. I went to check on them, and had seen #3 come out and looked over to #4 (the one I had been anticipating..cause she was hanging from the screen in the middle...easiest to get a picture of her.) and she was coming out at that very moment. I screamed at the kids, grabbed my camera...too bad there wasn't a memory card in it (I can see you shaking your head dad). I didn't miss anything though...I was quick to grab a card. Everything else was ready. I just had to jocky for a position in front of the cage. We are so glad we caught it. It wasn't even out of it's shell yet when Raelee screamed that she just HAD to call her granny!!! It was cute.






3 comments:
WOW!!! Those are amazing photos!
Wow. What an amazing experience :-) Thank you for sharing! Love you both.
This is soooo neat!
I am realy glad ya'll did this.
I have never seen a butterfly come out of it's cocoon and am very happy that you girls did this and got to see it.
Love Papa
Post a Comment