Fun homeschool day!
>> Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Today is one of those homeschool day's us mom's dream about! (I'm fairly certain that there's apostrophe problems in that sentence but until we get to that lesson several years from now, I'll never know..rofl) It's all about exploration and learning and FUN!
We are learning about patterns and what it means in our day to day lives. Today was the pattern of day/night. We got the globe out (the one I had as a kid) and a flashlight and headed off to Raelee's closet. She held the flashlight (sun) toward the globe. We had previously put a sheep sticker on Louisiana (she found it with no problems! YAY) and a heart on Granny in Singapore. She always knew that when it was day here, it was night there, but didn't understand why. Now she knows why. She thought it was so cool that the earth spins and didn't understand why she couldn't feel it.
She also got to look at a solar system book with 3D glasses. She had a blast with that! (I got a bunch of 3d books at Dollar Tree a while back. They are all learning books and come with the glasses!)
She's still hard at work drawing her day and night pictures right now. She thinks it would be more fun to have 100% day than 100% night. She didn't think it would be fun only going to the bathroom, taking a bath, reading stories, and sleeping the whole day. I agree!
This is a terrible quality picture. My flashes are hung up right now so I had to use my 50mm and my shutter speed was too slow. Please don't hold this picture against me..roflmao (as if you care!)

1 comments:
It is nice for dad and I to look back and be thankful we kept things you had as a child to share with your children. We were talking about the 'butterfly' cage a couple of days ago - and now I see you are using the globe you kids had. I am happy to see them being used again.
It sounds like a wonderful day. It is always nice when you can put fun into learning. Love you.
Post a Comment