Dying eggs

>> Saturday, April 11, 2009

I thought ahead of time today and knew I had a wedding to shoot and would be VERY tired when I got home..especially since I haven't been sleeping well. So I took the kids outside and we dyed eggs. This is a huge deal for me...typically my mom is home or my MIL is here to help. I have never done this alone with 1 kid..much less 2. But I did it...and had fun! I do recommend reading the directions first on the dye. I put the tablet in the water first, then realized I needed to soak it in vinegar first. I had to take all of the tablets out and dissolve them THEN add them to the water. Oh well. I also had to fish the egg carton out of the trash and wash it...I didn't think ahead to where I was going to store the eggs..lol

We managed though..and the girls enjoyed it.

Wow..you can really see her black eye here even though it's out of focus!





Think Raelee needs a haircut? LOL I think we'll take care of that tonight.



3 comments:

cajunsis,  April 11, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

Great pictures! I love the closeups. I wish I had been there - but I had faith in you. Easter will be a challenge. Dad and I were talking about that today. Do you have plans with friends?

Ellen,  April 11, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

I think I would like to be your little girl LOL :D. Your kids do such fun things. Man, oh, man...you are brave. I'd have probably had them put on their yuckiest clothes to dye eggs. Thumbs up, Mom!!

Anonymous,  April 11, 2009 at 8:07 PM  

Looks like the girls had fun. Love the pictures, both girls are very pretty in their pretty dresses.
Raelee, with all of those teeth gone, how in the world do you eat corn on the cob & beef ribs?

Love
Papa

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP