SNOW DAY!!!
>> Thursday, December 11, 2008
It snowed today! Not in Morgan City, but everywhere around us did. The great thing about homeschooling is the ability to blow the day off and be spontaneous it was. I called my friend Anita at 7:30 and asked her if she wanted to go for a ride. "Sure" she said. Our first stop was Lafayette (1 hour from my house). Not enough snow for us! We drove on over to Baton Rouge (1 hour from Lafayette) in a hurry..or so we thought. We got stuck about 12 miles outside of BR for an hour and a half on the interstate. UGH. We finally made it to Armory Park in Baton Rouge at the NEW state capitol. If you have never been there, it's beautiful and a must see.
Here are some pictures:
Armory Park rose garden with the new state capitol in the background.
Raelee's first snowman!
There was a 'bag lady' that apparently feeds the ducks and nutria rats at the park. When she drove up, they took off running to her truck (that was loaded down with hundreds of bags of bread). The girls got to help her feed them.
Old church building in Vermillionville (Lafayette)
Evil grin as she gets ready to throw a snowball.

5 comments:
Fun!! How did you find enough snow for a snowman? My kids keep asking to build one and I keep telling them there isn't enough snow. We have at least 3 inches. I'm a mean mom. :P
We're supposed to get snow tomorrow and the kids can't wait. They've been gleefully singing "Let it Snow" for three days now in the hopes that it will help!
Thanks for sharing!
Love, Shari
gorgeous photos.....you gotta take a trip up here and see some "real" snowstorm stuff. ;)
It was fun wasn't it? Too bad it didn't last until lunch. I had to be in the Drs office - just got to enjoy traveling in it.
Gotta go to the new state capitol :-)
How fun is that!??!!? SO sorry I missed all the fun. I am in LA now. Staying in Houma one final night before moving into the new rental house. Lets meet for coffee or something soon?
Post a Comment