Making reading FUN!
>> Wednesday, December 17, 2008
My friend Jackie (who is trained in Montessori methods) is helping me with a few things with Raelee that I'm having problems with. Reading is always a struggle. She uses the same program. She told me to set the timer for reading and have a reward at the end. It all the sudden makes reading quicker and more fun. The reward at the end for us has been educational. She doesn't know she's learning. Like this worksheet for example...is a lot more educational than I thought. She is doing the math...but not only that, as I'm typing this right now, she is sounding out the colors all by herself. I'm having to explain the blends to her (br, nk, etc) and double letters (ee). So she is sounding out the colors all by herself as good as she can. I am also making her write her numbers correctly. And this is her reward for getting her reading done (2 pages) in under 10 minutes! It's a win/win for us!


2 comments:
Oh that is a great idea.....Nev freaks with anything timed so I am not so sure it will work for us, but I will def. give it a try! Where did you get those worksheets, btw? They look cute!
YAY! She is doing so well! I love hearing your progresses and even your frustrations. Keeps us right in the loop.
Post a Comment