Makes me happy
>> Friday, July 25, 2008
Have you ever gotten anything just because it makes you happy? I walked into the second hand store and immediately spotted this bag. There was NO question I was buying it. I didn't care how much it cost. It was mine. I picked it up and had a death grip on it until I checked out. Love at first sight.
Why do I love this bag you ask? I love it because a very special friend of mine made a dress for Raelee years ago. I think maybe when she was 2? It was long on her...almost to her ankles when we got it. I instantly fell love with it. Raelee also loved it. It was her favorite dress for 2.5 years. She wore it from the time she got it until it was way too short for her. The sleeves that used to be full length were elbow length when we got rid of it. Why did we get rid of it? I wanted to pass it on to another good friend. It went to Jenifer and her daughter Molly. I hope they get many good years out of it. It was very well made with Amy Butler fabric. I already miss it!
Here is a picture of the bag:
And a picture of Raelee wearing the dress in October of 2006

1 comments:
How sweet! I suggest you scan your purse with the material and scrap a page with the scan! You can use this as your journaling with the same pictures.
Post a Comment