Exciting news!

>> Saturday, July 12, 2008

Some of you (probably all..not sure) have known about our journey to have another child. After years of trying, we have decided that we don’t need to have a baby to bring another child into our lives. We have decided to adopt. After a few weeks of researching our options, we think that we are going to go through the state adoption program. We have already been in contact with them and it sounds very promising. We have a few personal business things to take care of and work on our house to do before we start the process. We are anticipating being able to sign on the dotted line to begin looking for our child in a year. Hopefully in a couple of years (sooner hopefully, but I’m being realistic), we will have a sibling for Raelee! We are looking for a 2ish-5ish child (depending on when we can start the process…we want one younger than Raelee). We are excited and nervous at the same time. Just keep us in your thoughts because I know that this will be a long difficult road and we’ll need all the support we can get!

In the meantime, I have been working on getting myself healthy. For the first time in my life, I’m enjoying working out. I am taking classes at the gym 3-4 times a week. I have a great group of friends that I’m doing it with and that helps a lot. They are making me try things that I’m not so comfortable doing and I’m actually having fun doing them! The instructors are even holding me accountable…Asking me why I wasn’t at a class. It’s great to have that kind of support. I finally realize what “good sore” means. I never knew! I thought people were weird for thinking sore can be good. I understand now! I wasn’t sore after a class this week so the next class, I upped my weights. I’m sore now and it feels good! I’m not loosing much weight right now but I know I’m gaining muscle because I have definition where I never had it. Hopefully the weight and inches will fall off at some point 

Thanks so much for the support in the past and what I know we will get in the future. I look forward to the time when I can send you all a picture of our new child.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP