All about Ants!

>> Monday, July 28, 2008

The great thing about Moving Beyond the Page is that they mix learning the not so stuff in with learning the fun stuff. Raelee is scared of ants...even with that fear, she was excited to find out what they like to eat. We put a plate of food out (divided into sixths and labeled) in the garden. We'll see..and document...how long it will take for the ants to smell the food and what they like the best. What's your guess? Here is Raelee's plate and her guess (p.s. She CAN write better than that, she just chooses not to when she see's more than one word on the page):




Oh yeah...MBtP didn't go into the eating things with ants...they just had a book about it and it incorporated shapes. I got out our Zoobooks and our Our Big Backyard magazines and flipped through them. I found several pages about leaf cutter ants and ants and colonies. One of the magazines had this project and I thought it went along perfectly with what we were talking about. I highly recommend these magazines.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP