Update on school
>> Tuesday, August 30, 2011
We are midway through our second week and I couldn't be happier with how we are doing...or prouder of how Raelee is doing. Her progress from June to now is just simply amazing. I feel like we have finally 'arrived'. She WANTS to learn. She WANTS to make her sentences correct. She WANTS to spell better. It nearly literally brings tears to my eyes. Let me tell you, it really makes homeschooling more fun when you have a kid that is actively wanting to do the stuff that isn't as much fun. No attitude from her!
As I said before, I am going heavy on our Language Arts as that is really where her weakness is. She wants it as much as I need to do it, so that is what we are doing. I found a spelling app for my ipad that allows me to schedule tests for her. She takes one the day after a lesson. We use that test to guage where she needs more help. So far, it's the sight words she needs more help with. She gets the lesson words all correct for the most part. It's also fun with this app because we can send an email to her grandparents and Daddy to show them how she did on her test.
We start our day at 9 am (with the chickens waking us up around 6:30, that's no problem lately..lol). Raelee does her math outside in the shade with the chickens around her. I caught her this morning day dreaming, then again playing with the chickens, then again swinging. I went out, expecting her to not have done any math, and I found out she is nearly done! WOW. 30 minutes...crazy. She also knows her multiplication tables (thank you Times Tales) but needs work on her addition and subtraction.
Here are a few pictures to show our day. She is in pajamas because she begged for a pj day today...so I let her have it. :)
She's doing really well in History too. A lot of it is listening and narrating back to me what she heard. She's doing really well with that too...much better than I expected her to do actually!
![]() |
| Coloring a map for history |
This is what we are most proud of today. This is a section of her grammar worksheet. I didn't help her with this at all. I had to have her re-spell the word carrot (she spelled it carrit) and had to have her change some capital letters to lowercase. Other than that, she did all of the sentence writing, all of the spelling, all on her own. WOW!!!! My jaw dropped and she beamed with pride. She knew she did well. (Yes, I know pooped isn't poop't, but I overlooked that just this once.)






1 comments:
Yeah!! Way to go, Raelee!!
Love the picture with a chicken under her arm! :) We're also hitting language arts pretty hard this year, specifically spelling and writing.
All right, you said Times Tales is good stuff, huh? Off to check it out ...
Post a Comment