Mom's little slice of heaven

>> Friday, August 12, 2011

 A couple of months ago, my Mom and Dad bought a house in Oklahoma. It was LONG overdue and I am SO excited for them! It's a beautiful 19ish acres in the country.  I got the chance to visit them during a very exciting time. They had JUST moved in and were buying fun 'toys' to work the property with. We had a blast up there with them. I have a few blog posts with pictures that I want to post. I'll have more soon too because we get to fly back up there next week to see them AND my Brother's family. YAY!!

One of the first things that came home was a tractor. It's my dad's favorite color ;)

Raelee and Papa worked the fields...bush hogging till their hearts were content.
And knocked down that pretty red gate you see back there. First heavy machinery problem...
While they were bush hogging, I got to drive the zero turn mower....and drive it and drive it and drive it. For HOURS I drove it. WHEW. I had grass in places I shouldn't have gotten grass..lol

And I threw a spring on the mower trying to mow grass that was too tall. Good thing he had the tractor to help fix it...being that his jacks were all packed still!

A few days later (at 8 pm on a holiday weekend..nice..lol) I hit a water pipe and water came gurgling out. This is never a good sign, just so you know.
It resulted in a deep hole needing to be dug and no water for about 18 hours. When you are getting all dusty mowing, and dirty digging a hole...it's not exactly a fun time. Oh yeah, and did I mention exactly how far away they were from the nearest gas station (i.e. working toilet)?   


We had non-destructive good times too!
Like tractor/dirt bike races that Papa just never could seem to win.
And practicing on the dirt bike. Raelee LOVED this!

And fishing tournaments. Raelee got her a brand new free fishing pole
And she nearly caught a Papa...over and over and over...rofl
Turns out Raelee was a better zero turn driver than us all combined!

Raelee got new rubber boots...aren't they adorable.

The big boy cousins played on the little kid bikes...and had a blast.

The little cousins got to race their dirtbikes. Brian was taking it easy on Raelee until he realized she could ride that bike...and well too..lol



 We had a lot of fun and look forward to many more trips. I have more pictures to share in the next couple of days. :)






1 comments:

cajunsis,  August 13, 2011 at 9:28 AM  

What sweet memories! This time we make boat memories. Can't wait to see you! Now can you move up here soon? Planting season for next year is right around the corner! Lol...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP