
8 years ago...exactly 8 years right now. Wow. I stood by the front door, purse and keys in hand, ready to go to garage sales (there were some good ones that day!!) As I said goodbye to Todd, my water broke..thankfully not 10 minutes later...lol
Fast forward...5 hours later, Raelee came into this world. It was a fast labor, thankfully. I quickly learned what unconditional love meant. I cried happy tears when the nurses put her in my arms. Even then, I didn't know exactly how much joy this baby of mine would bring to my life.
Take a walk down memory lane with me, won't you?
 |
| Proud daddy a few minutes after birth. |
 |
| She spent 8 days (LONG days) in the NICU with apnea. Lots of tests, needles, oxygen, meds later, she is perfectly healthy. :) | | |
|
 |
| 1 year later, she grew into a beautiful, quirky 1 year old. She loved pulling one arm out of her sleeves. It was so funny. I finally gave up trying to keep both arms in sleeves. |
 |
| She had a beautiful smile and laugh at 1 year old. She was always such a good baby! |
 |
| She became such a funny and loving 2 year old. Her 2nd year was such a good year for us! |
 |
| 3 years old...already?? Wow! |
Raelee DID turn 4, but I can't find many pictures. They are somewhere, but I can't find them..lol
 |
| 5 years old. I never did think I would have a blond hair, blue eyed daughter....but yet, here she is!! |
 |
| 6 years old |
 |
| 7 years old |
 |
| And finally, 8 years old |
She has turned into such a bright beautiful young lady. I'm so proud to be her Mom (I'm no longer Mommy..sniff sniff.) I love her so much. She has been the best child anybody can ask for who loves to color, draw, play with her pets, ride horses and play with her dolls. I can't wait to see what the next year brings us!
5 comments:
I don't know if you cried putting this together, but I just cried reading it and enjoying the pics! :) Happy Birthday Raelee!
Awww, such a sweet heartfelt post. Love seeing her progression. Don't hurry the next year - it goes by oh so fast. Yes, I too cried. I have four year old pics handy - want one? Love you - and love her. Happy Birthday to our 'little' pR.
HAPPT BIRTHDAY SWEET RAELEE!!!!!
LOVE this post! Happy, happy birthday, Raelee!!! :)
No fair. I cried, too! Love you, Raelee! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment