Busy Busy

>> Sunday, June 5, 2011

Apparently, the key to actually seeing bright red cherry tomato's is to be so super busy, that you don't have much time for your backyard...that and the heat not making the backyard a welcome place.  Up until now, I saw very few red cherry tomato's. I pretended not to know why, because really, who can complain about their 8 year old snacking on tomato's? LOL Raelee likes them JUST before they turn bright red...more like bright orange, so I never see them red.  I went out this morning though, and found a whole bush full of bright red goodness. I made it out there before she did for once! YAY!  I had to share some pictures before I picked them. :)


P.S. As I created this post, she proceeded to eat the whole mardi gras cup full of tomato's AND went out to the bush and ate all of the orange ones that I wanted to save till tomorrow. *sigh*



I'm thinking this guy is about ready to be picked. I have no idea how to tell when a home grown cantaloupe is ready to be picked though!

This one is growing on my clothes line...I thought that was funny.

1 comments:

cajunsis,  June 10, 2011 at 8:12 AM  

OH MY GOSH! HOW AMAZING! I LOVE your cantaloupes! I have never grown a melon! I don't think it is ready to be picked yet, they are still too green. I think the stem area will start shriveling up first and the greenness will leave the fruit - it is a deep green now, I think it will be more of a brown. I love your garden and miss my munchkin eating my mators. Great job!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP