Garden update
>> Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Now that we are mostly ready for the flood that is taking FOREVER to get here...I can update on the garden. I have taken pictures all along, but have had no time to blog them and by the time I get to it, the garden looks completely different! So here we go!
![]() |
| I love this very mono-chromatic picture Soon though, it will be very very colorful. We are waiting the day... |
![]() |
| This is my very very first heirloom tomato. It is my ONLY heirloom tomato. :( Hopefully I'll get more? Not looking good so far. |
![]() |
| It has taken forever and ever it seems, but I finally have a zucchini. I am so proud of this one piece of veggie. I hope to see more coming in behind it. |
![]() |
| I get 2 handful's of green beans every day. Love snacking on them while I peek at the rest of the garden. |
![]() |
| Sunflowers in Raelee's garden. They are about 10 feet tall and growing. WOW!!! |
![]() |
| This is my green bean garden that is doing wonderfully now. It had such a rough start because it is a new bed. No nutrients for it in the dirt. I am getting quite a few beans out of it now. |
![]() |
| This is my tomato/squash/cucumber/herb/onion garden. I love the set up this year and will be drawing it out to remember what went where. It's working beautifully. |
In OTHER news...our purple martins are parents. The babies hatched about 3 weeks ago and are quite noisy!!! The parents are all a bustle right now trying to stay on top of the food.
![]() |
| This was NOT Dad...but they were willing to take food from anybody! |
![]() |
| Of course the chickens are doing well...we are enjoying the heck out of them. My favorite thing to do is sit outside in the evening and watch them peck in the yard, watch the purple martins flutter around and watch the garden grow. ahhhhh |
![]() |
![]() |
| Got this harvest 3 days ago. I'm in love, I think. |

















1 comments:
Having a garden is the most rewarding experience ever! I loved mine. I have pictures of you in our garden when you were a year and a half old. You will enjoy seeing it - when we find it. You've done a great job!
Love you!
Post a Comment