Missing out?
>> Thursday, September 23, 2010
Here is a great article from a homeschool 'graduate'. Definetely something to think about. I'm not sure how long we will homeschool...time and location will tell. It's working for us now, so we are in it for the long haul. We drove past Raelee's old school today and she talked about how much she missed it. I told her that it's ok to miss it. I asked her if she was sad she didn't go to school. She said that sometimes she was sad she wasn't with her old friends. I told her that her old friends are going to school for 7 hours (as compared to her 3 max..lol) and then came home and did homework for 2 hours or longer. They didn't get to take naps anymore (She does either for the record, but she went to school for pre-k so she remembers the naps) and they didn't play in centers anymore. They mostly sat at a desk...and learned. She said "Yep..I'm good. I don't ever want to go back to school." Not the answer I was after really...I don't know what I was after...maybe just to get a feel for how she felt.
Anyway..here's the article. It's worth a read if you have time.
Missing out? (CLICK ME)

0 comments:
Post a Comment