Frog pillow
>> Sunday, September 12, 2010
With the frog unit that Grandma sent, she sent a partially sewn froggy pillow. It took me a long time to pull the sewing machine out and help Raelee finish it. It was a great project b/c she had to read the directions and follow them. Turns out I probably could have taken out the machine and let Raelee do the rest. That sewing summer camp she was in taught her everything else (Thanks Mrs. Shelia!) I tried to step in a few times to help and I got a stern warning "Mom, I KNOW what I'm doing, let me do it." Woah...ok. I stepped back and she did it all on her own...mostly..lol
It did let me know that Raelee really does want to sew and I don't have the patience to help her, so I emailed her sewing teacher and we decided to try her in the classes. If it doesn't work out, that's ok, but we tried. The kid really wants to learn to sew!
Here are pics of her pillow. It hasn't left her bed since she finished it.








3 comments:
Go Raelee!
Papa is so proud!
What an adorable project! Raelee has such an incredible grandma - I am envious! Great job, Raelee, I am proud of you. What a terrific idea Ruth! Steph, I am so darned proud of what you have taught your little one - she could not do what she did without having a good head on her shoulders and a mom working so well with her.
very cute and fun! and Raelee did a great job!
Post a Comment