Slow Motion
>> Friday, August 29, 2008
It feels like I am moving in slow motion. That damn storm is still 5ish days out. We aren't usually THIS panicked until 2-3 days out. There is so much hysteria here..understandably so...nobody wants a katrina remake. However, it isn't doing well for the nerves. I feel like I need to pack my house...but can't yet, b/c we need this or that. Do we really want to take everything in from outside when it is 5 days away?? UGH. I mowed the grass today..but it will need mowing again between now and 5 days.
OK, so realistically, I know that we would need to be out by Sunday. Squalls will start rolling through Sunday night or monday morning. Squalls are fun actually. That's the only part I enjoy about hurricanes. It amazes me how sunny and hot it can be and how dark and dreary and WINDY and rainy it can be 30 seconds later. I love being outside watching the clouds. They move so fast.
Gotta go pack. I just had to update.

0 comments:
Post a Comment