2 reading positives in one day!

>> Thursday, August 14, 2008

You all know reading has been a struggle for us. Apparently, taking a step back worked for us. She can read more than she thinks she can. I started doing one reading thing a day...not her reading book, but games having to do with reading.

Yesterday we played a spelling bingo game that I got from walmart. The CD that came with it says the word, the spelling of the word and the word again. The choices on the cards are either pictures or words. I thought I would have to help her a lot. I didn't have to help at all. She listened to the words and the spellings and was able to do it completely on her own! YAY!!!

The other thing today was a worksheet that listed the words cup and spoon. She had to choose the best choice in each situation. I was going to tell her which one was cup and which one was spoon, but she didn't need it. She did the worksheet all on her own. The first answer was cup...and she sounded it out and was able to do it all by herself. I was very impressed.

Seems like this was the thing to do!

1 comments:

cajunsis,  August 14, 2008 at 6:36 PM  

YAY Raelee! Granny will be able to read with you when I come back home! Keep on practicing. You are doing wonderful - and so are you mommy!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Page counter

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP