Beautiful Bounty
>> Monday, June 23, 2008

In April, Todd built me a beautiful raised garden in our backyard. I didn't even ask for it...that made it more special than it already was. We are getting veggies from it now and it is so nice to be able to eat things that you grew!!!
I have been particularly disappointed because my cucumber vine has only given me one cucumber and my zucchini hasn't given me anything. Today, Raelee was showing off her garden to her Granny and Papa. I was complaining about the lack of veggies at the same moment I looked at the garden from a different angle. I saw a MASSIVE zucchini squash poking out! YAY!!!! I picked it and then sat and admired it for a bit. I happened to look up and see a HUGE cucumber!! WOW! Maybe they didn't produce other veggies because these two thieves were taking all of the nutrients. I have never seen veggies this big. I'm used to buying the ones in walmart that get lost in the fridge quickly.
So here is a picture of our beautiful homegrown veggies. By the size of the cherry tomato, you can see exactly how big the zucchini and the cucumber really are. The bell pepper is tiny. I'm not sure why they won't grow any bigger than this right now.

0 comments:
Post a Comment